Drug Delivery/Combination products present unique challenges in all aspects of product development, from adherence strategy, balancing drug and device regulatory strategy to human factors and design and material considerations. Ximedica is uniquely positioned to provide patient-centric combination product development solutions that start with the patient. Patient-centric design is more than a buzz word, it is in our DNA.
Drug portfolios are evolving. Ximedica has a deep understanding in various drug delivery systems and help our clients with the potential complementary eco-system of devices that truly address patient adherence, satisfaction, usability and outcomes. By working closely and collaboratively with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and other core technology developers, we develop combination products that:
- Assess risk for the system as a whole: inclusive of the compound, the device, the user, the environment, and the product’s manufacture.
- Determine how patient convenience and compliance are evolving drug delivery and design towards these emerging needs.
- Ensure the most efficient and effective path to regulatory approval within countries targeted for product launch.
- Work closely with clients to ensure the appropriate balance between product performance and cost.
Our engagements range from implantable and invasive devices, through minimally-invasive interventional and diagnostic tools, to topical and other non-invasive medical products, including many that are self-administered or used by lay individuals.
- Topical application
- Transmucosal (nasal, buccal/sublingual, vaginal, ocular and rectal)
- Respiratory / Inhalation
- Injection (including subcutaneous, intramuscular, intravascular, intrathecal, epidural)
- Patch Pumps, mechanical and electromechanical infusion devices.
- Infusion systems
- Blood handling and infusion systems