Ximedica is a contract design, development and manufacturing company specializing in medical devices, instruments, and technologies. Ximedica participates in the entire development process from initial design exploration to supply of finished goods. Its core competencies include mechanical and electronic design as well as firmware and software implementation. In addition, Ximedica offers design control, compliance-related documentation tracking and offshore sourcing of components and subassemblies.
The Training and Development Manager, reporting to the Sr. VP of Operations, is responsible for collaborating with internal subject matter experts to generate effective training materials that can be deployed across the company efficiently. Training material to be generated and managed will include but not limited to business operations, program management, software, quality management system, Leadership and development. The manager is also responsible for the coordination of the new employee on-boarding program and owns the associated continuous improvement initiatives. The manager also assists in the administration of the program for professional development of employees. Depending on the particular training, assisting in deployment of the training is expected and occasional travel may be required.
Requirements: Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to manage multiple projects within various disciplines and deadlines. High-energy, self-starters with the following qualities are encouraged to apply:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in training content generation and deployment
- Knowledge of effective training techniques for a multi-generational, cross-site employee workforce
- Successful experience of translating business processes and technical topics into valuable training materials that may be deployed with or without a real-time trainer
- Direct experience with development of web-based training materials is preferred
- Successful written and verbal communication skills
- Get-it-done mentality that is able to drive cross functional teams to accomplish results
- Flexibility to multi-task and perform a wide range of activities
- Excellent computer skills, including use of software for training content generation
- Generate content for business operations, program management, software, quality management system, Leadership and development. At the on‑set, a majority of time will be spent to develop training materials for a new software system to manage the Quality document control and training processes.
- Coordination of the new employee on-boarding program. Owns and drives completion of associated continual improvement initiatives.
- Assist in the administration of the program for professional development of employees. Tasks may include collating training and development needs, identifying and arranging for suitable training vendors, and managing the training and development budget
- Deployment of logistics of particular trainings, as assigned.
- Occasionally delivers training as a trainer, as assigned.