Ximedica is an ISO 13485 certified and FDA registered full-service product development firm with offices in Providence, Minneapolis, San Francisco, Los Gatos, and Hong Kong. We have an exclusive focus on medical products and over 25 years of experience developing medical devices, combination products and consumer healthcare products. We have a high-energy collaborative culture that fosters the creative spirit while exceeding client expectations. We offer tremendous opportunity for professional development and leadership, rewarding projects, competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and summer hours.
The Senior Buyer will oversee the successful purchasing of medical device components to support R&D design and manufacturing projects and ensure ongoing competitiveness and profitability.
Reporting to the VP, Supply Chain Management, this individual will be a key member of a core team that includes experienced professionals in Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing and will work directly with domestic and international suppliers to develop strong business relationships, and establish a supplier base as a platform for future growth.
This is a broad-based role incorporating vendor and client communications, negotiation, document preparation, records management, financial administration, scheduling, inventory management, and general problem solving. The successful candidate will be a key team member in the new product development process and in the support of ongoing manufacturing operations.
- Identify both high volume and prototype suppliers for machining, plastic injection molding and electronics
- Negotiate pricing
- Work closely with Engineers to develop and/or understand part specifications
- Work with Quality to establish supplier qualifications
- Develop Purchasing policies and procedures
- Ensure timely delivery of supplies and materials supporting production schedules
- Control of purchasing documentation to ensure compliance with Food and Drug Administration and ISO requirements
- Purchasing – place orders, track orders, utilize purchasing system, etc.
- Bill of Material maintenance
- Specification comparisons (for alternate sourcing)
Requirements: A minimum of 10 years of experience coordinating the quoting, procurement, and identification of qualified OEM factories and suppliers. A Bachelor’s Degree in business or in a technical discipline with experience in purchasing is preferred but not required. This position requires outstanding organizational and follow-through skills, strong interpersonal and communication skill, and a proven ability to work independently. Experience working in a regulated industry is required, with medical devices preferred.
The following experience is preferred:
- Knowledge of International procurement & shipping
- Documentation (quotations, purchase orders, customs, cargo paperwork, etc..)
- Knowledge of Import regulations and procedures
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 or other business operations/purchasing system
Please send your resume to: [email protected], and note job code #854.