Ximedica is an ISO 13485 certified and FDA registered full-service product development firm with offices in Providence, Plymouth, MN, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Hong Kong. We have an exclusive focus on medical products and over 25 years of experience developing medical devices, combination products and consumer healthcare products.
We have a high-energy collaborative culture that fosters the creative spirit while exceeding client expectations. We offer tremendous opportunity for professional development and leadership, rewarding projects, competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and summer hours.
Position: Reporting to the Manager of Sales Operations, the Paralegal provides paralegal support to Sales Operations in accordance with established policies and procedures. This role requires knowledge of basic legal principles and practices and excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Requirements: Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to manage multiple projects within various disciplines and deadlines. High-energy, self-starters with the following qualities:
- Knowledge of legal principles and practices at a level normally acquired through formal paralegal education or paralegal work experience. AS degree or Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience as a paralegal working with business contracts including some experience with consulting agreements. Demonstrated familiarity with terms of business, e.g., NDA’s and CDA’s. Familiarity with warranties, indemnification, payment terms, confidentiality, IP rights and other standard contract terms.
- The ability to recognize complex issues and practical considerations, to exercise sound and appropriate professional judgment and apply independent thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written skills as well as knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Exceptional client service, attention to detail, keen analytical, research and investigative ability.
- Ability to bend, reach and carry files and books (up to 20 lbs.); ability to use telephone; ability to read, write, comprehend and analyze written communications, legal materials and other data; ability to operate computer and utilize MS Office and other standard software packages.
- Physical stamina and mental ability including an excellent memory, ability to concentrate and perform effectively in stressful conditions under time deadlines.
- Ability to manage numerous assignments according to deadlines and importance.
- Provides assistance in all matters regarding company contracts with clients, including non-disclosure agreements, services agreements, and statements of work.
- Reviews client contracts for issues and escalates those for review with company teams (e.g., Sales Operations, Business Development, Executive Management).
- Manages contracts for accessibility by Business Development and Executive Management and manages/maintains templates containing company standard non-disclosure agreements and terms of business.
- Drafts basic letters and documents using company templates.
- Produces quality work by ensuring accuracy and attention to detail in the preparation of all documents including the final work product.
- Completes assignments efficiently and competently within appropriate time limits and keeps supervisor advised of progress on an assignment.
- Communicates effectively and positively with colleagues in Sales Operations, Business Development, and Operations as well as prospective clients and others.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client and company matters and adheres to standards of professional and ethical conduct expected of a paralegal as set forth in the code of ethics for paralegals established by the National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA).
- Adheres to and promotes the company’s human resources policies, procedures and practices designed to ensure the fair, equitable and respectful treatment of all employees.
- Regular attendance at work in accordance with work schedule requirements of position.
- Create and review documents for other departments as required.