Ximedica is an ISO 13485:2012 certified and FDA registered full-service product development firm with offices in Providence, St. Paul, San Francisco, and Hong Kong. We have an exclusive focus on medical products and over 25 years of experience developing medical devices, combination products and consumer healthcare products.
We have a close-knit, high-energy culture that fosters the creative spirit while exceeding client expectations. We offer tremendous opportunity for professional development and leadership, rewarding projects, competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and summer hours. Opportunities are currently available in both our Providence, RI and Minneapolis, MN facilities.
The experienced Senior Software Engineer supports our rapidly growing domestic and international product development, sourcing, and manufacturing business.
Nature of Role:
Reporting to the Director of Software & Electrical Engineering, the Senior Software Engineer works with the Electrical Engineering team and leads the firmware design effort’s of Ximedica’s product development programs.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, coupled with 5-10 years of experience in embedded systems development within the medical device arena is required along with the following key attributes:
- Ability to design and develop firmware applications in response to functional specifications
- Development of embedded systems using C, C++, and Java
- Use of debugging tools, including software debuggers and basic use of electronic diagnostic devices for software development, integration, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Ability to integrate firmware with a variety of hardware platforms and to analyze and troubleshoot the hardware/firmware interface
- Experience in developing wireless applications and devices
- Experience in sensor and instrumentation integration
- Development of applications with intensive, interrupt driven communications for real-time process control applications using multiple serial channels and communications protocols (proprietary and standard based)
- PIC or ARM microcontroller experience is required
- Experience with ISO 13485, IEC 62304, FDA design controls or similar regulatory environment
Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to manage multiple projects within various disciplines and deadlines. High-energy, self-starters with the following qualities:
- Successful communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making ability
- Flexibility to multi-task and perform a wide range of activities
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office proficiency
- Design and develop firmware for embedded systems. Integrate developed applications with other components
- Assist hardware engineers in development of new platforms and in troubleshooting hardware/software interfaces
- Document and perform integration, testing, debugging and installation support and activities
- Participate with project team in the design and implementation of new and enhanced products
- Develop control algorithms to optimize module and display system performance
- Interface with design team to support functional test and measurement requirements
- Initiate and maintain FDA software design control documents
- Support the manufacturing process by designing and developing production automation software