Ximedica’s engineering team is the core to our development capability. The Engineering services group builds upon early technical and stakeholder research to deliver clinical and commercial device solutions.
Cross-functional Teams Ensure Parts of a System are Seamlessly Integrated into a Whole
Our cross-functional engineering teams are experts at managing and complex engineering projects through the course of their life cycles. From novel drug delivery devices to robotics, all engagements are undertaken with an eye towards discovering the most efficient path to product realization. Regular project team and client meetings promote communication; open office configuration, dedicated ideation and lab space, and rigorous technical reviews ensure client goals are achieved.
Core Competencies: Mechanical, Electrical and Software Engineering
Mechanical, Electrical, and Software engineers engage with programs starting with early concept generation through to fully documented and controlled builds within the manufacturing phase providing the highest degree of technical excellence and execution. In addition Biomedical and Manufacturing engineers are leveraged as required.
Engineering Effort that Provides the Most Efficient Path to Product Realization
Ximedica is regularly engaged in assessing the fundamental science driving new products, identifying the root cause of device failures in need of corrective action, and developing system architecture that defines the relationships with the outside world, as well as the internal working relationships of the various components and peripheral equipment comprising the total solution.
Through their collective industry knowledge and years of experience the team proves with each new project their ability to distill big picture requirements into product solutions that are integrated into the working environs and ultimately market leaders.
Ximedica’s Engineering team offers unrivaled expertise in:
- Prototyping – low and high fidelity, rapid, 3D
- Mechanical Design – component, assembly and complex surfacing with SolidWorks, Pro/Engineer. 2D and 3D documentation
- Electrical Design – analog and digital circuit design, schematic capture (PADS), PCB Layout, EMI/EMC/RFI/ESD mitigation
- Software Development – Adobe Flash, Visual C#, C+, Visual Studio, Microchip, ATMEL, and Z compiling, Serial communication protocols
- Systems Engineering – functional analysis, physical analysis, systems schematics, isolation diagrams
- Requirements Management
- Computer Aided Engineering & Simulation - Linear and Non-linear Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Moldflow
- Analytical Modeling – MathCAD, Matlab, Simulink
- Failure and Risk Analysis
- Optimization – Design of Experiments (DOE), Tolerance Analysis, Design For Manufacturability (DFM), Design For Assembly (DFA), Design for Test, Design for Biocompatibility, Design for Sterilization, Design for Standards compliance, Design for Transport and Storage, Cost Modeling
- Product Data Management
- Verification Testing