User Experience Researcher
Ximedica is an ISO 13485 certified and FDA registered full-service product development firm with offices in Providence, Minnesota, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and Hong Kong. We have an exclusive focus on medical products and over 25 years of experience developing medical devices, combination products and consumer healthcare products.
We have a close-knit, high-energy culture that fosters the creative spirit while exceeding client expectations. We offer tremendous opportunity for professional development and leadership, rewarding projects, competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and summer hours.
Nature of Role: As a User Experience Researcher, you will report to the Director of Research and Strategy. In this role, you will bring a rich and empathetic understanding of the end-user to the cross-functional design, and development teams you will work with.
We seek a candidate with strong design research training, who has an inquisitive mind, and a passion for understanding people, and translating that knowledge into innovative solutions.
Further, we are looking for people who enjoy a fast-paced work environment, are not afraid of change, and possess superior verbal communication skills.
Responsibilities: Conduct a variety of qualitative research methods, including in-home interviews, hospital observations, contextual inquiry research, in-depth interviews, concept feedback sessions, and usability studies. Once the research is complete, you will create visually compelling research reports to convey the details of your learnings to our clients, and your team members. In many cases, this will include poster-sized print-outs of key information (e.g. use profiles or context of use imagery) to be posted in project team rooms.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, design research, psychology or related fields
- Experience with a range of design research methods from contextual inquiry to usability studies
- An understanding of service design, industrial design and UI/UX design
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Passion for the healthcare and/or medical device industry
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to communicate visually via sketches, charts and digital presentations
- Energetic, proactive self-starter
- Ability to develop client presentations
- Willingness and ability to switch between the big picture, and small details depending on the needs of the program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Ximedica provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Send resume to: HR@ximedica.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERXimedica provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.