Ximedica is an ISO 13485:2012 certified and FDA registered full-service product development firm with offices in Providence, St. Paul, San Francisco, and Hong Kong. We have an exclusive focus on medical products, and over 25 years of experience developing medical devices, combination products, and consumer healthcare products.
We have a close-knit, high-energy culture that fosters the creative spirit while exceeding client expectations. We offer tremendous opportunity for professional development and leadership, rewarding projects, competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and summer hours. Opportunities are currently available in both our Providence, RI and Minneapolis, MN locations.
Position: Software Engineer
Nature of Role: Reporting to the Director of Software & Electrical Engineering, the experienced Software Engineer works with the Software Engineering team and executes the firmware design efforts of Ximedica’s product development programs.
- Design and develop firmware for embedded systems. Integrate developed applications with other components
- Assist hardware engineers in development of new platforms and in troubleshooting hardware/software interfaces
- Document and perform integration, testing, debugging and installation support and activities
- Participate with project team in the design and implementation of new and enhanced products
- Develop control algorithms to optimize module and display system performance
- Interface with design team to support functional test and measurement requirements
- Produce software documentation per IEC 62304 to fulfill FDA verification and validation requirements
Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, coupled with 5-10 years of experience in embedded systems development within the medical device arena is required along with the following key attributes:
- PIC or ARM microcontroller experience is required
- Ability to design and develop firmware applications in response to functional specifications
- Development of embedded systems using C and/or Assembly
- Use of debugging tools, including software debuggers and basic use of electronic diagnostic devices for software development, integration, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Ability to integrate firmware with a variety of hardware platforms and to analyze and troubleshoot the hardware/firmware interface
- Experience in developing wireless applications and devices
- Experience in sensor and instrumentation integration
- Development of applications with intensive, interrupt driven communications for real-time process control applications using multiple serial channels and communications protocols (proprietary and standard based)
- Familiarity with IEC 62304
Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to manage multiple projects within various disciplines and deadlines. We seek, high-energy self-starters with the following qualities:
- Successful communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making ability
- Flexibility to multi-task and perform a wide range of activities
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office proficiency
Send resume to: HR@ximedica.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERXimedica provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.