Ximedica is an ISO 13485:2012 certified and FDA registered full-service product development firm with offices in Providence, Minneapolis, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Hong Kong. We have an exclusive focus on medical products, and over 25 years of experience developing medical devices, combination products, and consumer healthcare products.
We have a high-energy collaborative culture that fosters the creative spirit while exceeding client expectations. We offer tremendous opportunity for professional development and leadership, rewarding projects, competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and summer hours.
Position: Network Technician - Los Gatos
The Network Technician will support all aspects of network administration including servers, desktop systems, communications hardware/software and office systems.
Nature of Role: Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Network Technician supports the Ximedica computer network to ensure it is functioning smoothly. This position is responsible for supporting our employee-centric, high performance culture that emphasizes growth, quality, productivity and standards of goal attainment. The position often involves hands-on troubleshooting at individual workstations and “behind the scenes” work specializing on network security, firewalls and routers, network design and implementation and connectivity to the server.
The Network Technician will provide technical support for company IT infrastructure.
- Areas of responsibility to include but not limited to: personal computers, printers, servers, network and telecom technologies
- Support local area network technologies, to include wireless, switches and routers
- Troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software problems for personal computers, printers and peripheral equipment
- This includes installing, diagnosing, maintaining, and upgrading PC hardware, printers and other equipment
- Responsible for basic analysis / troubleshooting, system monitoring, moves, adds, changes and day to day maintenance and support of telephony communication systems as required
- Administer and troubleshoot network and infrastructure issues related to the network
- Assists in general IT support functions and works with Technical Services staff managing day to day operations of network
- Responsible for incidents and requests, solve day to day tickets
- Help troubleshoot and escalate issues beyond the network, including applications
- Manage computers by adding new computers to network, repairing and/or replacing hardware, and repairing and/or reinstalling software
- Maintain professional competence in current IT technologies
- Answer questions, trains and assists users on software packages by employees
- Responsible for coordination of managed service provider and vendor activities
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· An Associate’s degree preferred, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science from an accredited school/college.
· Professional certifications CCNA, A+, and MCSA are preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency is required.
· Must possess strong interpersonal, and communication skills, both oral and written.
· Experience in technical project management, and demonstrated ability to take a project through all phases of implementation, as well as, post-implementation follow-up is highly desired.
· Ability to work independently while at the same time work effectively in a collaborative structure with personnel through every level of the company.
· Working knowledge of Windows Server (2008-2016), Windows 7-10, MacOS, Active Directory, and other Microsoft technologies such as Office 2016, Office365.
· LAN networking skills, such as wireless and TCP/IP – knowledge of HP networking equipment.
· Experience with Virtual Environments and SAN environments is a plus.
· Availability to work after hours, and as needed, to support projects and of customer service level agreements is a must.
When applying, please use Job Code: 845LG
Send resume to: [email protected].
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERXimedica provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.