Human Factors Engineer
Ximedica is an ISO 13485:2012 certified and FDA registered full-service product development firm with offices in Providence, St. Paul, San Francisco, Los Gatos, and Hong Kong. We have an exclusive focus on medical products, and over 25 years of experience developing medical devices, combination products, and consumer healthcare products.
We have a close-knit, high-energy culture that fosters the creative spirit while exceeding client expectations. We offer tremendous opportunity for professional development and leadership, rewarding projects, competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and summer hours.
Nature of Role: As a Human Factors Engineer you will report to the Director of Research and Strategy. In this role, you will lead human factors engineering activities in cross-functional program teams. You will have the unique opportunity to work on a significantly diverse range of projects involving innovating and improving medical device and consumer healthcare products.
To be successful in this role, you will want to have hands-on experience conducting usability studies and in-person interviews, an expert understanding of the principles and data associated with human performance capabilities and limitations, and the ability to apply this knowledge to the design, definition and evaluation of consumer healthcare products and medical devices.
If you have an inquisitive mind, enjoy a fast-paced work environment, are not afraid of change, and possess superior verbal communication skills, please keep reading.
- Provide human factors support across the product development lifecycle including client and user needs identification, user and workplace profile development, definition of target user capabilities and limitations, creation of use scenarios and task analyses, and conducting usability testing, use error analysis, and post-launch outcomes analysis
- Plan and conduct end user evaluations of product concepts or prototypes, and document the results along with meaningful recommendations for the project team
- Develop and conduct human factors research studies independently or in conjunction with clients
- Act as both an internal and external thought leader representing Ximedica’s Human Factors Engineering program
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Factors Engineering
- Experience across a range of Human Factors research tools from usability studies to in-depth interviews
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passion for the healthcare and/or medical device industry
- Excellent written communication skills
- Energetic, proactive self-starter
- Ability to develop client presentations
- Willingness and ability to flex between the big picture, and small details depending on the needs of the program
- Working experience with the principles of medical device and healthcare regulations including the FDA Guidance on Human Factors, is a plus
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Ximedica provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Send resume to: [email protected].
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERXimedica provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.