Senior Digital Product Designer
Ximedica is an ISO 13485:2012 certified and FDA registered full-service product development firm with offices in Providence, St. Paul, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and Hong Kong. We have an exclusive focus on medical products and over 25 years of experience developing medical devices, combination products and consumer healthcare products. We have a high-energy collaborative culture that fosters the creative spirit while exceeding client expectations. We offer tremendous opportunity for professional development and leadership, rewarding projects, competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and summer hours. Position: Senior Digital Product Designer Nature of Role: Reporting to the Director of Digital products, you will be part of a cross-disciplinary team to creatively solve complex problems, threading together user research, physical devices and digital products in unique solutions for patients and providers. Responsibilities:
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to impactful user experiences.
- Take ownership of a design project and manage supporting UX designers.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver story maps, wireframes, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Be willing to learn about the US healthcare system.
- 8+ years of industry experience designing applications, experiences, websites, products and services that balance user needs, business objectives and technological constraints.
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent qualification) in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, (Graphic) Design with an emphasis on UX.
- A passion for healthcare: you’ll be working in the development of complex digital and physical products in the service of healthcare providers and patients.
- Knowledge and experience in the creation of healthcare products is preferred.
- Knowledge of web-based and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions, human centered approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to launch.
- Interaction and Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software such as Adobe CS, Sketch, as well as good experience with MS Office.
- Excellent knowledge of rapid prototyping tools such as InVision.
- Direct experience of Agile software development process to design and build complex software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a regulated, complex, fast paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial, experimental and self-driven while also being collaborative, with a professional presence.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Fluent command of English language.
Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to manage multiple projects within various disciplines and deadlines. High-energy, self-starters with the following qualities:
- Successful communication skills, business acumen and assertive decision-making ability
- Flexibility to multi-task and perform a wide range of activities
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office proficiency
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision
Send resume to: HR@ximedica.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERXimedica provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.